Problems with fxp0 on T30 with 5.1-RELEASE

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Jul 18 08:21:44 PDT 2003

> From: "stark" <stark at jeamland.ca>
> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
>
> > On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 09:58:00AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>
> > kevin oberman suggested the use of the ps2 utility for thinkpads. i
> > did not have the chance to try it out myself.
>
> I also didn't have the time to look at it the last day and a half, but
> I have time this weekend so I'll definitely investigate.
>
> The part that I'm confused about is "what's the 'ps2' utility?"
>
> There's no mention of it in /usr/ports and the only things I can
> find with google are a DOS program by that name.  Is that what
> you're referring to?
>
> If so, where do I get it?

It is available as a floppy image at the IBM download page. The
Windows that came on the system will also have it. You need to either
boot Windows or the DOS disk from IBM.

ps2 is the IBM utility to adjust BIOS parameters. While these can also
be adjusted under Windows, many are never written to CMOS and are lost
on re-boot. (Windows re-loads them from the registry.) ps2 will change
the values in CMOS memory.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)