Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5705M support

Boris Georgiev maav at bastun.net
Tue Jul 15 14:13:07 PDT 2003

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the previous e-mail, but have in mind that I'm trying to cooperate
by testing your drivers and
I am not aware of the rules for declaring a hardware problem in the mailing
lists. The only way I can send
you the messages from the kernel is if I rewrite them from the console.
Here is the information that you requested:

bge0: <Broadcom BCM5705M Dual Gigabit Ethernet, ASIC rev. 0x3001> mem
0x90000000-0x9000ffff irq 11 at device 14.0 on pci2
bge0: firmware handshake timed out
bge0: RX CPU self-diagnostics failed!
bge0: chip initialization failed
device_probe_and_attach: bge0 attach returned 6

If you need more detailed information, I can send it to you on request.

Boris Georgiev