System hangs solid with ATAPICAM

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Tue Dec 2 03:48:43 PST 2003

Hello,

I've tried over several weeks to get ATAPICAM to work for me.  I've
tried with and without acpi (compiled in or disabled via. boot).  I've
tried turning on all debug.  I've tried a few misc. thigs.  All leave my
system hanging after the GEOM initialization without any indication of
debug output.  The only clue I have is that it sounds like my zip-100
was accessed right before the hang.

I've looked and there appear to be some other reports of ATAPICAM
problems, but I didn't see this one (possibly related to zip drive).
Are ATAPICAM issues to be resolved before 5.2?

Cheers,
Sean