XFree86 on FreeBSD 5.1 w/ATI M9

Sukhjeet Singh Batth ss at batth.net
Wed Aug 13 03:28:21 PDT 2003

I have an HP Compaq Presario X1000 (Model X1018CL) with an ATI Mobility
Radeon 9200 (M9 / RV250?) and a 15.4" widescreen WSXGA+ capable of
1280x800.  I installed XFree86 4.3.0 on FreeBSD 5.1 and it seems like the
only odd message I'm getting before aborting the startx is a warning about
a bad v_bios checksum.  Any ideas on how to get this to work?  I searched
around and found a post similar to mine at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2003-April/000542.html ,
but there was no associated answer.  I had X running with Mandrake 9.1 on
the same computer, so I'm not sure what the problem may be.  Also, at
first there was a problem with not loading a certain library module.  I
just added a "Load "ddc"" in the "module" section of my XF86Config to fix
that unresolved symbol.

Thanks,
Sukhjeet

Attachment(s)