ACPI, PS/2 Mouse vs Compaq 2105US (presario 2100)

Brendon and Wendy wendy.humphrey at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 07:28:03 PDT 2003

All,

Recently started trying to get freebsd 5.1+ to work on my laptop. With 5.1 and
above, I've found that unless ACPI is disabled, I cant use any PS/2 mouse -
external or the internal synaptics pad. Boot -v reveals that psm0 cannot grab
an interrupt.

Boot logs are available here:

http://humphrey.dyndns.org/boot.acpi
http://humphrey.dyndns.org/boot.noacpi

I would just run without ACPI, but the machine is one of these "pesky built
for XP" ACPI only machines, and I find that with no ACPI I cant use the built
in nic...makes the machine kinda useless.

The machine has the latest BIOS as of yesterday. Current was 1-2 days old.

I could swear that this used to work with 5.0-current.

I've tried the device.hints workaround I saw mentioned to another person
reporting a similar problem - assigning atkbd to acpi rather than isa, but
this did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Willing to try patches/hacking as directed.

Cheers,
Brendon