ROCKS, Lava

Jason Bacon jwbacon at tds.net
Tue Jan 12 03:12:30 UTC 2010

I'm new at this too.  I just took a job as a systems programmer on a
Linux cluster running Platform, the commercialized version of ROCKS.

I decided to carefully document/automate the process of building a
FreeBSD cluster by doing it all with a script from the very beginning.
The script is in

http://personalpages.tds.net/~jwbacon/Ports/distfiles/cluster-installer-0.1.tar.gz

There's also a port framework to install it in my collection.

Some might argue that this takes the fun out of building a cluster, and
I might agree.  However, I think a script is the best kind of
documentation for installations, and you don't have to run it.  I also
find it handy for quickly adding a node when I find another PC on the
curb.  ;-)

    -J

  bacon at uwm.edu