Cluster help

xyberpix xyberpix at xyberpix.com
Wed Sep 29 15:09:43 PDT 2004

Hi Dustin,

Ok, so things are sounding positive already, this is great news!

As for using a load balancer, not an option, this is for home use, not
work, so the finances are a bit low. :(
As for the using MX records, I could do that, but the only problem is
that I only have 1 external IP addy, so unless someone is willing to
donate a spare one, and set up routing for me for nothing, which I can't
really see happening, this isn't really an option right now. I have
looked into getting more IP addy's from my ISP, but all the effort is
not really worth it at this point, and neither is the price.
You mentioned various tools available for FreeBSD for IP failover, can
you maybe please let me have some names, as this may be a good option
for me.
As for if a server fails over, it would be nice to have access to the
primary servers files, but this isn't really a necessity, as I am sure I
can accomplish this with nightly backups, and then a script to copy
things over to the secondary server, what do you think?

Thanks again
xyberpix

--
For Security and Open Source news: