Clustering with FreeBSD

Brett D. Estrade estrabd at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 08:38:22 PST 2004

Check it out:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=dragonflybsd+virtual+eventually&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=000000%24c0e%40smth.org&rnum=2

"[22:21:16] <Questions> Floid asks: As an armchair usability nut, it's
easy for me to see how increased modularity and decreased maintenance
headaches should free users and developers to Get Real Work Done.
However, not everyone "gets it," to the point of blank stares and "That's
not a usability project."  Mind taking a stab at why Slashdotters should
(or shouldn't) think about DragonFly on the desktop in the next five
years?
[22:23:49] <dillon_> People migrate to operating systems for a vast array
of reasons.  I expect that our feature set will be the primary attractor.
 For example, the variant symlinks that will be going in in the next few
weeks.  There is also a lot of interest in a kernel-supported
checkmark/restore function for general userland programs and some
preliminary work on that has already done.  My goal is to eventually have
an SSI model that works across a network and a c
[22:23:49] <dillon_> luster capability that can arbitrarily migrate
processes between hosts (SSI == single system image, which means full
cache coherency across a cluster).
[22:24:12] <dillon_> It will depend heavily on what we are able to
accomplish in the next year.
"

=====
http://www.brettsbsd.net/~estrabd