Status of sandbox/Capsicum support in the Chromium FreeBSD port

Khilan Gudka Khilan.Gudka at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 30 11:18:38 UTC 2014

Dear Chromium port maintainer(s)

I was wondering what the current status was with regards to sandboxing
renderer processes. In particular, now that Capsicum comes as standard in
FreeBSD, I'm interested in running Chromium with Capsicum enabled. Robert
Watson (my supervisor, and whose office is opposite mine) did an initial
version a few years ago (https://github.com/rwatson/chromium-capsicum) but
these patches were not upstreamed.

Are there any patches around for the latest port/plans for adding Capsicum
support?

If not, then I would be very much interested in helping in this regard.

Cheers

--
Khilan Gudka
Research Associate