Making WebRTC available for FreeBSD

Joe Nosay superbisquit at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 06:11:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Joe Nosay <superbisquit at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Niklas Enbom <niklas.enbom at webrtc.org>wrote:
>
>> I still don't get what you mean. WebRTC is a part of browsers (Chrome,
>> Firefox) not the operating system. Are you looking for a browser that runs
>> on freeBSD and supports WebRTC - or something else?

>>> The option is not available with make config on FreeBSD nor is brltty
>>> available on FreeBSD. The gyp files do not include any FreeBSD specific
>>> references.
>>>

> WebRTC will only work if it can be built natively on a system despite the
> browser type. In trunk/build/ there are the following operating systems:
> android, ios, linux, mac, win.
>
> Also, the jingle protocol has not been ported to FreeBSD.
> Are there any developers who use FreeBSD?
>
> Anyway, I was hoping that maybe someone much better than me in/with
> programming  and the FreeBSD community would see the benefits of bringing
> this to FreeBSD and take over my efforts. My initial arguments for such are
> in the first email of this thread.

Any file that I need to edit will be on the forums at the post listed
earlier. For brltty-4.4, the edited file of usb_bsd.h to replace
brltty-4.4/Programs/usb_bsd.h has been uploaded. All changes are made
public and the software license is adhered to by me.

@Adrian Chadd: While I am working on this, you and others can tell me if
any editing error occurs or if a value returns false.

As sson as brltty-4.4 can build natively on FreeBSD, I will include a ports
Makefile so that the users will be able to create their own package of
brltty-4.4, thus completing all dependencies. After that, I will return to
building and editing WebRTC for FreeBSD.