Making WebRTC available for FreeBSD

Joe Nosay superbisquit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 21:58:18 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Niklas Enbom <niklas.enbom at webrtc.org>wrote:

> I still don't get what you mean. WebRTC is a part of browsers (Chrome,
> Firefox) not the operating system. Are you looking for a browser that runs
> on freeBSD and supports WebRTC - or something else?
>

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 1:36 PM, Joe Nosay <superbisquit at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> How is it implemented at build time?
>>>

>> The option is not available with make config on FreeBSD nor is brltty
>> available on FreeBSD. The gyp files do not include any FreeBSD specific
>> references.

WebRTC will only work if it can be built natively on a system despite the
browser type. In trunk/build/ there are the following operating systems:
android, ios, linux, mac, win.

Also, the jingle protocol has not been ported to FreeBSD.
Are there any developers who use FreeBSD?

Anyway, I was hoping that maybe someone much better than me in/with
programming  and the FreeBSD community would see the benefits of bringing
this to FreeBSD and take over my efforts. My initial arguments for such are
in the first email of this thread.