Chromium can no longer find flash player

Rob Belics robbelics at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 16:01:53 UTC 2013

Last night, I updated some ports including linux-f10-flashplugin and
nspluginwrapper. Since then, Street View on Google Maps complains I need
Flash version 10 or newer and won't continue.

Before that, I had to restart chromium or, on sites that had flash, it
would drop down the yellow message bar at the top saying I needed to
install flash player. I want to say I noticed that before last night's
upgrade but I'm not sure.

I had not had any of these problems for several months on my new AMD64
system with FreeBSD 9.2.

In addition, I just tried to start up Firefox and my whole system froze for
a minute till FF finished something but did not continue loading the web
page.

dmesg says this: "linux: pid 1641 (npviewer.bin): syscall pipe2 not
implemented"