What is this forum for?

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Sun May 31 18:44:57 UTC 2009

>> Where are this rules defined?

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/

first - good that's proper definition of hacker explained.

---
FreeBSD-questions is a mailing list maintained by the FreeBSD project to
help people who have questions about the normal use of FreeBSD.
---

while i still don't agree that many of things done is "normal use of
freebsd" but that's my point of view.

So:

- it's fine here to ask about mysql5 or mysql6 as it is normal view of
FreeBSD.
- it's not fine here to ask about sponsoring as it's not normal (and any)
use of FreeBSD.
- it's fine both to ask here about how to switch from windows, and
presenting my point of view about this idea.

I think we finally agree, So i will subscribe to FreeBSD-hackers, but with
some fear. i don't classify myself as a FreeBSD-hacker. I understand C and
can code, but everytime i like to do even smallest modification in kernel
it's quite time consuming, as it's really very complex amount of code.

>> best with moderation BUT EVEN WITHOUT, but with clearly defined rules
>> on webpage it could be efficient.
>
> Let's make a test case: please compare your emails with the rules and
> suggestions in above two articles.

Already did. And until we started to argue about moderation, it's
mostly compliant. Then - it was not. For mostly two reasons.

First - because i was attacked when presenting my opinion, just because it
was not "mainstream" (but not aggressive).
Second - after it continued i wanted You to start moderation.

> We spend a few hours per day *working* on improving FreeBSD, doing also
> moderating is just to much.

First - thank you very much for this. I'm a happy user of YOUR WORK, and i
wish you will keep this as good as now in future, as there is no other
unix that i don't consider crap today.

i think i could find more people if you decide to start moderation.
Whatever this people personal preferences are - won't matter as they would
be just executors of rules defined by YOU.

Just please contact me and tell beforehand, i will start asking people
privately, having timezones in mind.

So you will not need any extra work.

> Besides, we expect people to behave intelligently and politely. Life
> keeps contradicting us it seems :-[

Agreed.

> Please contact donations@

OK.
>> OK so fuck off Boris, but we were talking some time ago about dumping
>> potential sponsors ;)
>
> Watch you language please.

Such language is used on special cases like this. So please replace this
words with other with the same meaning :)