test, ignore it

Tilman Linneweh tilman at arved.at
Fri Feb 13 10:47:14 PST 2004

* Andrey Chernov [Fr, 13 Feb 2004 at 16:25 GMT]:

[Switching to -chat, as this is not on-topic on -hubs]

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 09:47:32AM +0100, Tilman Linneweh wrote:
>> * Andrey Chernov [Fr, 13 Feb 2004 at 07:26 GMT]:
>>=20
>> freebsd-test at FreeBSD.org exists.
>
> I need to test other lists too to know, which one accepts mail from
> non-members of the list. Surprisingly I found that only 3 lists I
> subscribed (announce, current and security) disallow non-members postings,
> all other allows SPAM.

It has been FreeBSD policy for years, that lists are open for non-members,
so it should not suprise you. Except for -current this is also documented
on http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/.

Additional it would have been less disturbing if you had just asked the
listmasters instead of sending email to hundreds of subcribers,
especially as you claim to be concerned about SPAM.

regards
tilman