FreeBSD Version Release numbers

Eric Rivas ericr at sourmilk.net
Tue Jun 10 18:42:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:23:38 -0500
"Daniel M. Kurry" <gh at over-yonder.net> wrote:

> Eric Rivas said something like:
> > Does anyone else think it's a good idea that 5.1 should have been
> > called 5.0.1, then once 5.x goes stable, start with 5.1?  That way
> > we keep consistent in that every x.0 version is considered
> > development/test release.
>
> Don't we have -CURRENT precisely for channeling development?

It's not really massive development per se, I mean there isn't any
overly drastic changes.  Anyway, it was just a thought, and I know we
got rid of the second . in version numbers for a reason.

I also understand why the current version scheme is the way it is, like
I said, it's just a thought and I would be very amazed if anyone thought
my idea was a good one.

--
Eric Rivas <ericr at sourmilk.net>