Ongoing Bluetooth work; Linux-like APIs?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Jan 21 09:47:23 PST 2009

Bruce M Simpson wrote:
 > Alfred Perlstein wrote:
 > > > I wonder though if anyone has considered implementing the Linux APIs ?
 > >
 > > That would be good.  Please ping about it if you don't see it within
 > > a few weeks.
 >
 > If folk have cycles to look at that, and are interested in following up,
 > that is excellent news...
 >
 > Meanwhile, a good set of pointers would be:
 >  http://org.csail.mit.edu/pybluez/

I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of pybluez is.
Python already supports Bluetooth on FreeBSD out of the box.
I'm controlling several devices via Bluetooth (RFCOMM/SPP)
with Python programs on FreeBSD.  It works great.  The very
same programs work on NetBSD, too.  I haven't tried Linux,
though.

Best regards
   Oliver

"The ITU has offered the IETF formal alignment with its
corresponding technology, Penguins, but that won't fly."
        -- RFC 2549