Bluetooth management software?

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 17 11:00:14 PDT 2005

Darren Pilgrim píše v po 17. 10. 2005 v 10:37 -0700:

> Now that Bluetooth is edging itself into production with the talk of merging
> the related scripts into /etc, I'm wondering if the user side of things has
> come along as well?
>
> When I got my mouse, phone and PDA working with FreeBSD, it took
> considerable work: looking at communications, grabbing IDs, manually editing
> files, etc.
>
> But in certain other OSen, Bluetooth is managed with an app capable of
> configuring services, searching for and adding new devices.  Does such
> user-land software exist in FreeBSD?  Preferably a CLI with an optional X
> front end?

There are some UIs available for Linux, mainly GNOME/KDE things.
But they are running on top of bluez library, and none of them is ported
to FreeBSD, AFAIK.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

You have acquired a scroll entitled 'irk gleknow mizk' (n).
This is an IBM Manual scroll.
You are permanently confused.