Running current in Parallels 16.3.2

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 07:28:51 UTC 2021

> > When using more than one CPU, the kernel doesn't completely boot. It
> gets stuck after
> > reporting that the file system is clean. The system also does not
> respond to keyboard
> > input anymore.
> >
> > I've installed FreeBSD 13.0 beta-2 from the ISO-file on a mac mini M1. I
> had to select Safe Mode during boot and then it would install and boot. I
> have two cpu's.
>

> Do you mean that you had to use safe boot only once or everytime?
> What is the output of
> sysctl hw.ncpu
> It seems that using safe boot only activates a single CPU...

You are correct. hw.ncpu is 1.

I looked at dmesg:

cpu0: <Open Firmware CPU> on cpulist0
cpu1: <Open Firmware CPU> on cpulist0

So I incorrectly assumed I had two cpu's. Some years since I actively
worked on FreeBSD (as sysadmin) but is happy to test if needed.

--
regards
Claus

the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare