Running current in Parallels 16.3.2

Vincent Milum Jr freebsd-arm at darkain.com
Wed Feb 17 23:28:32 UTC 2021

We had similar issues getting FreeBSD SMP working under ESXi ARM Fling. In
that instance, there were bugs in both the hypervisor as well as in FreeBSD.

With the FreeBSD kernel fixes, I tested those on Parallels last night, but
still no go with SMP. There is possibly more work to do in the kernel, but
may also be some bugs in the hypervisor as well.

For ESXi ARM Fling, the issues all revolved around the GIC (Generic
Interrupt Controller) and the way inter-CPUs communication happened. If
memory serves me correctly, one CPU core was waiting on another CPU core to
finish initialization and report back in a "ready" state so to speak. Where
Parallels with FreeBSD is hanging, and how it is hanging, looks virtually
identical from my very limited testing last night.