Help getting Marvell-A388 SBC booted

Saul Goodman tsallgoodman at yandex.com
Fri Feb 8 15:56:39 UTC 2019

Hi Marcin,

> That's great. Was there any special trick? What was the issue?

No special trick. I just used an older U-Boot, a patched one by Marvell. It's well possible that the only real difference is in the env. This is hard to tell since i still don't know, what ubldr looks for. I could check that later. For now at least I have a starting point.

>>  Next problem is to get the fan control working. There are fan connectors on the board which are connected to some GPIO's. The linux dts seems to wire them to pwm-fan driver. Is there something similar available in FreeBSD. How would i go about fixing this?
>
> I haven't played with it. In Linux indeed it's a pretty simple driver
> ("drivers/hwmon/gpio-fan.c"). However I do not see an equivalent in
> FreeBSD - only customized solutions for specific platforms. If someone
> knows, I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me :)

Oh no. Does that mean I have to implement a driver? That's well above my skill level.

It seems drivers/hwmon/pwm-fan.c is used, not gpio-fan. But also mvebu-gpio is very different compared to fbsd/mv/gpio.c. The Armada-385 must have Hardware-PWM on some GPIOs. Could you help to get this working?

Regards,

Sören