Timeout poll on interrupt endpoint for RPI3 with keyboard and mouse

Emmanuel Vadot manu at bidouilliste.com
Tue Oct 2 18:31:44 UTC 2018

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 19:24:16 -0700
bob prohaska <fbsd at www.zefox.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 08:57:04AM +1000, Trevor Roydhouse wrote:
> >
> > You just need to change one character in the file
> > .../sys/arm64/include/pte.h - change the 4 to an 8 in this existing line:
> >
> > #define        PMAP_MAPDEV_EARLY_SIZE  (L2_SIZE * 4)
> >

> Ok, that wasn't hard 8-)
>
> The machine now boots with the monitor connected and continues to run
> correctly when keyboard and mouse are plugged in.
>
> With monitor, keyboard and mouse connected it still spits out a stream of
> Timeout poll on interrupt endpoint
> Timeout poll on interrupt endpoint
> during the boot process. The spew seems continuous, but when I typed
> boot
> into the spew, it looks as if the kernel took over and the machine is
> now multi-user.
>
> Evidently it got stuck in loader, the boot command got it unstuck and
> after that all is normal.
>
> So, I guess the video issue was a distraction that's now fixed. The
> problem with USB mouse and keyboard remain unresolved but nonfatal.

 So I've just tested ALPHA8 on my RPI3 and RPI3B+.

 With *just* keyboard and mouse plugged in I do not have any problem at
all.
 If I plug a cheap usb stick, same, no problem.
 But if I plug my Corsair Voyager USB3, u-boot is really slow to probe
usb devices. I didn't see the Timeout poll message but I didn't have
serial connected (I think it doesn't matter since u-boot send all
prints to every console).
 The RPI u-boot maintainer is aware that there is issue regarding USB
on RPI3B+, now he's aware that there is some on RPI3.

 I see in your mail that you have some usb harddrive or usb stick
plugged too, can you try without them ?

 Thanks,

Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> <manu at freebsd.org>