CUBOX snapshots working?

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 26 21:42:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 14:07 -0700, Russell Haley wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.c
> om> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:21:52 -0600
> > Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > > If we used to provide working cubox images and we don't anymore,
> > > it's
> > > hard to call that anything but a freebsd problem.
> >  There is working cubox images, the last one is from yesterday.
> >  You even say yourself that you did test it and that it worked.
> >  Do we even know if the snapshot worked for this board ?
> >  Brett, could you test the 11.0 release for example ? (I don't
> > remember
> > if for 11.1 we already switch u-boot or not).
> I believe the change is in the u-boot port itself. However, I don't
> think it's a u-boot problem (IMHO), it's a u-boot build configuration
> problem. There are different board variants with different hardware
> layout. u-boot has code for it, but our build does not account for.
> Unless the scripts that build the 11.1 image use a different revision
> of the u-boot port, wouldn't it just use the current 2017.7 base?
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to generate a u-boot with the correct
> SPL
> portion of u-boot. One could pull the SolidRun u-boot repo, or go
> find
> the ports commit before the changeover and see if we can generate the
> correct SPL.
>
> I looked at Mainline u-boot and there is a board directory for solid
> run.
> https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/board/solidrun/mx6cuboxi
> /mx6cuboxi.c
> seems to support multiple memory configurations based on defines, so
> this should just be a configuration problem.
>
> We clearly need to start supporting the lower spec'd SolidRun boards
> because this has come up a couple of times now since the changeover.
> It should be just a matter of creating a port that does the same
> thing
> but generates the correct SPL file? My SOM is a i2eX so I can't be
> too
> much help (and I've also over volunteered myself!).
>
> Russ

The old imx6 uboot ports generated a single copy of uboot that would
boot dual and quad-core versions of both hummingboard and cubox
systems.  If the new uboot works only on quad core, that's another
regression.  It might be possible to extract the u-boot.imx file from a
freebsd 10 image to get back to the old one.

Ooops.  Except it appears those no longer exist.

-- Ian