Make packages for armv7 makes armv6 packages

Carl Johnson carlj at peak.org
Wed Nov 1 22:40:53 UTC 2017

Carl Johnson <carlj at peak.org> writes:

>> Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> writes:

>>> The extra stuff is subversion properties that are only important if the
>>> changes are committed.  The standard patch(1) will ignore that extra
>>> stuff, so you can just apply the patches as Boris showed in his reply.
>>
>> Thanks, I didn't realize how much patch would ignore.  I will try that
>> today, and then see if I can upgrade to armv7 that way.
>
> I patched pkg and used that to build the packages, and this time it did
> build for armv7.  The attempt to upgrade from armv6 to armv7 did not go
> so well.  I installed the new kernel and rebooted and everything worked
> fine.  I then installed everything else and rebooted, but this time it
> reported that init had died and then dropped into ddb.  I haven't
> figured out anything else, but chroot from another RPi2 with
> 11.1-RELEASE shows that init was installed properly from the package.
> This was just an experiment, so I didn't really lose anything
> important.

This is just another followup on what I have found.  I just tried the
latest snapshot (r325156) and it will not boot.  It shows exactly the
same symptoms as my upgrade attempt.  It loads the kernel, then reports
that init has died, and then drups into ddb.  I will start a new thread
about that problem.

Carl Johnson		carlj at peak.org