Finally bringing FreeBSD to Parallella

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at getmail.no
Sun Jan 15 18:23:09 UTC 2017

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 16:55:36 -0800
Thomas Skibo <thomasskibo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, it should output to the serial console.  Does u-boot output anything?

No it doesn't. Maybe my PL2303HX cable is broken somehow (it has worked in the past). I've also tried switching RX and TX, but still no output.

> My image doesn?t have any default username/passwords.  Maybe I should add one.  I?ll look into what the other boards do.

well, that explains it then.
IMHO, a default username allowing access via ssh is very useful on images where one usually don't have local console access.
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at getmail.no>