Finally bringing FreeBSD to Parallella

Thomas Skibo thomasskibo at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 05:48:20 UTC 2017

> On Jan 14, 2017, at 9:10 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ooo interesting. ok, so how can I build an image from source for this?
> Sorry, I'm still living in MIPS world for the most part.
>

> -adrian

I was just updating the Zedboard wiki page last night: https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Zedboard.  It goes through building an SD image for Zedboard from source.  For parallella, skip building u-boot.

My zedbsd page (http://www.skibo.net/zedbsd/#parallella) has a tarball with two of the files you need in the boot partition: uImage and devicetree.dtb.  I should describe on my page how those are made from source.  uImage is the Zedboard kernel wrapped using mkimage (which gets built as part of u-boot I think) and devicetree.dtb is compiled from the parallella.dts file I posted in an earlier email.  You also need to put your board-specific FPGA bitstream, parallella.bit.bin, in the boot partition.

Let me know if something doesn’t work for you.

Cheers,

—
Thomas Skibo
thomasskibo at yahoo.com