Is a83t development still active? (My context: BPI-M3)

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Sat Jan 14 18:27:05 UTC 2017

Hi Emmanuel,

On 2017-Jan-14, at 5:33 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 14:40:26 -0800
> Mark Millard <markmi at dsl-only.net> wrote:
>
>> I notice looking in:
>>
>> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/arm/allwinner/
>>
>> that, while a10, a13/, a20/, a31/, a33/, a64/, and h3/ have been
>> getting updates, a83t/ has not had one since 2016-Oct-3
>> (306646) --and that was only to remove std.* files. The only
>> other vintage of a83t/ goes back to 2016-May-5 (299113).
>>
>> Is a83t no longer being updated?
>>
>> ===
>> Mark Millard
>> markmi at dsl-only.net
>>

> Most of the drivers works for many Allwinner SoC so even if we don't
> add files in the a83t directory, it doesn't mean that there is no
> updates.

The ViewVC web interface does not work like a file directory
in a typical file system for what it reports for the likes
of a20/ and a83t/ . . .

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/arm/allwinner/

listed (compared and contrasted examples):

a20/ as at revision 310117 (age 4 weeks) not based on adding
or removing file(s) but just for updates to at least one file
below a20/ as of that revision. (Additions and removals would
also change the reported revision and age.)

but:

a83t/ as at the older revision 306646 (age 3 months) based on
there being (since back then): no updates to files, no additions
of files/directories, and no removals of files/directories.

When you update the files files in a83t/ the revision and age
will update, even if you do not add or remove files.

So what I reported for a83t/ did indicate the lack of updates
that a10/, a13/, a20/, a31/, a33/, a64/, and h3/ got in
revision 310117. (Of course it might have been that a83t/ did
not need such updates for some reason but that seemed less
likely.)

> Each of thoses directories only contain file for the padconf (the
> pinmuxing information) and a file with the list of needed file for this
> SoC (if one want to compile a kernel for a specific SoC).

Yep.

> But I admit that when I've added information on the pin interrupts I
> forgot to do a83t, I'll do that soon.

That is in essence what I was questioning with what I asked.

And thanks in advance for the updates!

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net