Crochet for RPI3 fails in tblgen

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Mon Dec 25 23:36:00 UTC 2017

On 12/25/2017 15:20, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
>  Hello Karl,
>
> On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 09:48:17 -0600
> Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:
>
>> Blows up here:

>  This is a lot of text ...
>
>  Also few questions/remarks :
>
>  - What does the build looks like for vanilla FreeBSD ?
I am on 11-STABLE on this machine so it's not applicable..
>  - Which FreeBSD release are you building/building from ?
11.1-STABLE, building 12-HEAD for the RPI3.  This used to work,
incidentally; exactly *when* it blew up I'm not entirely certain, but it
was ok a couple of months ago.

>  - I was never sure about the "support" of crochet, most (if not all)
> arm developer doesn't use it and we never had contact with the
> maintainer (also he doesn't seems to follow development happening in
> FreeBSD arm/arm64 as a lot of merge-requests in crochet are follow-ups
> to commits happening in FreeBSD).
>  - I personally don't care about crochet support even if I see it's
> value based on how it's a pain to do custom release images and I'm
> pretty sure that I'm talking for most of the arm developpers.
Well, cross-builds in general are supposed to work, yes?  And they have
been.....  now they're not.

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>