Panic on disk write BBone USB

Brett Wynkoop freebsd-arm at wynn.com
Tue Feb 17 00:05:17 UTC 2015

Greeting-

Well it looks like I am getting right to finding problems now that I am
trying to use my BB with current.

So on the chance that someone on here has seen the problem already here
goes:

FreeBSD/arm (beaglebone) (ttyu0)

login: Feb 16 12:02:01 beaglebone su: wynkoop to root on /dev/pts/1
dev=da0p2, bno = 85555565, bsize = 32768, size = 32768, fs = /export
panic: ffs_blkfree_cg: bad size
KDB: enter: panic
[ thread pid 664 tid 100084 ]
Stopped at      $d.7:   ldrb    r15, [r15, r15, ror r15]!
db>

I was extracting a tar file at the time.  I was reading from / and
writing to /export.

I had 1G of swap at the time.  A 512M /usr/swap/0 file and /dev/da0p1
at 512M.

FreeBSD beaglebone 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r278741: Sat
Feb 14 06:04:22 EST 2015
wynkoop at prd2.wynn.com:/proj/wynkoop/crochet/crochet-freebsd-master/work/obj/arm.armv6/proj/wynkoop/armsrc/sys/BEAGLEBONE
arm

So if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.  I might be
forced to move from my 8G microsd to a 32G card just to have enough
disk space with these kernel panics on external storage.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess
the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its
experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

-- Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren (24 October 1780)