Jetson TK1 board support

Weiß, Dr. Jürgen weiss at uni-mainz.de
Sun Sep 21 14:30:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a rather rough port of FreeBSD current on arm to Jetson TK1. I
used Stephen Warren's tegra u-boot sources, which initialize and configure
USB and PCIe.

So SMP, USB and the onboard PCIe Ethernet adapter work.

After Ian's changes to busdma_machdep-v6 (r269212) I had problems with
cache coherency with the Ethernet adapter. Seems this is due to the aggressive
L2 prefetcher of Cortex A15. Disabling L2 prefetch does help, as well as
invalidating the cache a second time after the dma transfer. I'm not
sure what the correct solution to this problem is. I wonder how
other Cortex A15 platforms (exynos5) handle this.

I will probably be able to do some cleanups and put patches on the web
within a week.

Regards

Juergen

Juergen Weiss      |Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
weiss at uni-mainz.de |55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX: +49(6131)39-26407