Jetson TK1 board support

Ian Lepore ian at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 21 13:43:44 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-09-21 at 16:45 +0900, Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
> Great!
>
> What I've done so far is
>
> - build and patch (enable API) u-boot-nvidia on freebsd (i think i got it
> from git://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/3rdparty/u-boot.git, the normal u-boot
> wouldn't work...)
> - flash u-boot-dtb-tegra.img onto the board's mmc using nvidia's flash tool
> on ubuntu
> - build an image using crochet and dd to sd card (so far I copied the
> beaglebone setup, just to get a ubldr and a kernel file)
>

> From u-boot I can see all devices. I load ubldr with
> fatload mmc 1:1 0x80200000 ubldr
> bootelf 0x80200000
>
> ubldr load fine but, from ubldr I can only see the mmc 0 and net devices.
> There's no sd card (mmc 1), and no ufs partition..
>

> --
> Johannes Lundberg
> BRILLIANTSERVICE CO., LTD.
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 8:25 PM, John Howie <john at thehowies.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am up for testing and supporting this board. I ordered and received
> > mine, but have not really had a chance to use it due to work to-date. The
> > good news is the next few months I will have bandwidth.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > John
> >

> > On 9/19/14, 12:15 PM, "Lundberg, Johannes"
> > <johannes at brilliantservice.co.jp> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >I started working on adding the Jetson TK1 board to Crochet. Is there any
> > >work in progress on this?
> > >I guess there is quite a lot of work that has to been done to get full
> > >support for it in the kernel as well..
> > >
> > >Best regards
> > >--
> > >Johannes Lundberg

You may have to change some u-boot options to support multiple mmc/sd
interfaces.  Look in the config header for CONFIG_SYS_MMC_MAX_DEVICE; if
it's not there you may need to add it.  For wandboard I also had to add
a freescale-specific one, CONFIG_SYS_FSL_USDHC_NUM, so there may be
something like that you need to find as well.

-- Ian