[CFT + RFC] FDT resource management (patch)

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at ddteam.net
Sun Mar 17 19:34:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 01:35:45 +0200
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> at first sorry for cross post, but IIRC we have no FDT list yet and I
> don't want to break even single ppc/MPC85XX.
>
> Now we have: fdtbus get physical address from the blob, map address
> (panic on SPI CS "address" :) ) to virtual and return it as resource
> to child bus (f.e. simplebus), but all other, not FDT based, ARCHes
> delegate this work to parent of device who request resource. As result
> we have virtual addresses in boot log + rman and it's try to map
> address for not mapable buses.
>
> Two month ago I made the patch:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ray/2012-12-25_fdt_correct_resource.diff
> but testing give good results for i.MX515(Efika), BCM2835(RPi),
> OMAPxxx(Pandaboard), but fail on Beagleboard.
>
> Patch is simple, and I was surprised by BB problem, so I have to ask
> help with testing on everything using fdtbus/simplebus.
>
> Please help/test/comment!
>
> Many thanks!
>
> WBW
> --
> Aleksandr Rybalko <ray at freebsd.org>

Hi,

many thanks to Ian. He has found source of BeagleBone/BeagleBoard
problems. And it seems affect RPi SDHCI driver too.
So now patch updating on more bit.
It is removing usage vtophys on rman resource. Because normally we have
physical addresses in rman.

Fresh patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~ray/2013-03-17_fdt_correct_resource.diff

If nobody objects I will commit it tomorrow.

Thanks!

WBW
--
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray at ddteam.net>