RasPi Panic: Address offset 0xC1526FF0 bigger than size 0x08000000

Ian Lepore ian at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 4 15:03:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 20:06 +0800, Alie Tan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got this panic below with RasPi 256MB:
> panic: Address offset 0xC1526FF0 bigger than size 0x08000000
>
> Any idea why?
>
> Regards,
> Alie T

If you're using a recently-compiled kernel but the ubldr on the msdos
partition of your sdcard hasn't been updated recently, that would
explain it.  If so, just copy the latest ubldr onto the msdos partition.
If you're using a build script that always rebuilds the whole sdcard
image every time, this may be a different problem.

-- Ian