Port: U-Boot for BeagleBone

Tim Kientzle kientzle at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 26 05:00:49 UTC 2013

On Jun 25, 2013, at 4:30 PM, Stanislav Sedov wrote:

> On Sat, 25 May 2013 11:36:57 -0700
> Tim Kientzle <kientzle at freebsd.org> mentioned:

>>> I think I used arm-rtems-{binutils,gcc} to do the building....
>>
>> That's what I was afraid of.  arm-rtems-gcc is gone (or will be shortly).
>>

> Yes, I tried to prevent that to no avail.  The reasons mentioned are
> completely nonsensical. "rtems" in names of those ports means ABI
> they provide (which is very close to bare metal) and not the actual OS,
> but the ports are being removed because someone was unable to build RTEMS
> on PCBSD.
>
> Oh well.
>
> Anyway, if you need any help with cross-XXX, let me know.

I'm making progress on it again.

I have a working arm-eabi-binutils port ready to commit.

I almost have a working arm-eabi-gcc port.  Though I seem to
be stuck on some issue with Perl5.14 on 10-CURRENT?
https://redports.org/buildarchive/20130625154000-12976/

Locally, I've been able to build U-Boot for BeagleBone
by having the port depend on arm-eabi-gcc.

Tim