Port: U-Boot for BeagleBone

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Sat Jun 1 18:59:42 UTC 2013

On May 17, 2013, at 1:22 PM, Tim Kientzle wrote:

> I'm trying to move the actual building of boot loaders out of Crochet and into FreeBSD ports.

Second iteration:

http://people.freebsd.org/~kientzle/u-boot-beaglebone-eabi.tgz
http://people.freebsd.org/~kientzle/cross-gcc-arm-eabi.tgz

The U-Boot port now depends on devel/cross-gcc-arm-eabi
(which is just the obvious wrapper around devel/cross-gcc)
which allows it to build seamlessly.

I have a little more testing to do but hope to submit these
two ports this week.

I would especially appreciate anyone  who has actually
built U-Boot to take a look at the port and see if they
can envision using this as a template for other U-Boot
ports.

Tim

P.S.  Yes, the ABI does matter since ubldr makes calls
to U-Boot.