Wandboard support?

Weiß, Jürgen weiss at uni-mainz.de
Tue Jul 30 20:01:42 UTC 2013

Hello Ian,

I don't think the patches are ready for committing them. They
contain some changes to common code for debugging purposes
and some changes are probably not really necessary at all,
but have not been undone. But because I think I will not
have enough time to clean them up properly, I put them there for
reference. The diff is against yesterday's FreeBSD current:

http://www.staff.uni-mainz.de/weiss/freebsd.wandboard.20130730

/etc/src.conf is

WITHOUT_CLANG_IS_CC=1
WITHOUT_ARM_EABI=1

that is I used gcc and old abi. Have not tested with
other settings. As I started a while ago, ddb
backtrace did not work with CLANG at that time.

I used a version of u-boot which initializes the USB host port
on the wandboard. An explicit "usb start" command may be
needed.

To enable USB for u-boot the following additional config in
./include/configs/wandboard.h may be needed:

/* USB Configs */
#define CONFIG_CMD_USB
#define CONFIG_CMD_FAT
#define CONFIG_USB_EHCI
#define CONFIG_USB_EHCI_MX6
#define CONFIG_USB_STORAGE
#define CONFIG_MXC_USB_PORT     1
#define CONFIG_MXC_USB_PORTSC   (PORT_PTS_UTMI | PORT_PTS_PTW)
#define CONFIG_MXC_USB_FLAGS    0

A copy of the wandboard dual u-boot is under

http://www.staff.uni-mainz.de/weiss/u-boot.imx

It defaults to loading a kernel over the builtin ethernet interface.

A copy of the FreeBSD kernel is under

http://www.staff.uni-mainz.de/weiss/uImage

Root device is sd0 (no mbr, no disklabel).

Regards

Juergen

Juergen Weiss      |Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
weiss at uni-mainz.de |55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX: +49(6131)39-26407