DockStar status?

Ian Lepore ian at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 30 17:47:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-30 at 11:16 -0500, Brett Wynkoop wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 07:17:27 -0700
> Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:
>

> > At work our ARM products are currently using 8.2, but we need to move
> > forward to 9.1 very soon, so I'll be working to strengthen arm v4/v5
> > stability in 9-stable.
> >
> > -- Ian
> >
> Greeting-
>
> What cool toys do you build using FreeBSD/ARM at work?  Is it anything
> any of us might use either at home or on our jobs?

Nothing designed for consumers / end-users.  We make precision timing
gear that shows up in server rooms at ISPs, in cell towers, flying on
satellites, in the metrology laboratories of various nations, that sort
of thing.  If you need a stable time source that drifts no more than a
few nanoseconds within a 24 hour period, or need to serve hundreds of
thousands of NTP and PTP packets per second, we've got you covered.

-- Ian