named kills raspberry pi

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Sat Feb 9 15:50:38 UTC 2013

On 02/09/13 06:03, Werner Thie wrote:
> Hi all
>
> may I chime in with my experience, I wrote the 'portsnap killing...' post.
>
> I'm running on FreeHEAD HEAD Rev 246459 as per yesterday and now think
> that my previous post and the named problem is related after all,
> because everything DNS lookup related kills the Bone silently, be it
> nslookup, named and the likes.
>
> Switching the cpsw driver to Tims latest version doesn't change the
> situation a bit. I didn't try the proposed patch for the atomicity yet,
> but will over this weekend.
>
> Tim, it's a long shot, but could this be UDP related?

My $0.02:

Running r246119 of CURRENT, without named running, I can ping and do
digs with no issue.  And sshd doesn't seem to die either, and it's been
up for a while.

The BBone isn't doing much, however, as it just sits on a quiet private
network with no ports installed.

I'll update to the current build later and test then.