named kills raspberry pi

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Sat Feb 9 11:04:00 UTC 2013

Hi all

may I chime in with my experience, I wrote the 'portsnap killing...' post.

I'm running on FreeHEAD HEAD Rev 246459 as per yesterday and now think
that my previous post and the named problem is related after all,
because everything DNS lookup related kills the Bone silently, be it
nslookup, named and the likes.

Switching the cpsw driver to Tims latest version doesn't change the
situation a bit. I didn't try the proposed patch for the atomicity yet,
but will over this weekend.

Tim, it's a long shot, but could this be UDP related?

Cheers, Werner