porting freebsd to at91sam9g45 ( SBC6045 board)

Greg Ansley gja at ansley.com
Sun Jan 8 02:45:16 UTC 2012

AT91_DBGU_BASE and AT91SAM9G20_BASE are set to 0xD0000000 even though physical base
address for Internal Peripherals for the sam9g20 is 0xF0000000 because that is
where they are mapped to in kernel VM.

Contrary to the comment at the top of the declaration of at91_devmap in at91_machdep.c  If
you look closely at the very first value, it is 0xdff00000 not 0xfff00000 resulting in the
peripherals being mapped to 0x10000000 lower than their physical values.

This was a choice may be someone before I added the AT91SAMG20 support and I did not
have a compelling reason to change it and did not what to try to figure out
if there would be any unforeseen consequences if I did.

So if you do change choose to change it you are going to need to change the AT91xxx_BASE
values for all the different SOCs we currently support. Don't forget get someone to test
on the other chips if you do!

Greg