SAM9G45 (was: sheevaplug boot from nandfs hangs)

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Dec 16 01:27:19 UTC 2012

On Dec 15, 2012, at 6:04 PM, Ian Lepore wrote:

> On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 01:08 +0100, Bernd Walter wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:18:57AM -0700, Ian Lepore wrote:
>>> Wow, this is all very familiar.  I had this exact situation a couple
>>> months ago as I was trying to get freebsd running on my pico-sam9g45
>>
>> You have a SAM9G45 running?
>>

> Yeah, this board:  http://www.mini-box.com/pico-SAM9G45-X
>
> The mci driver is stuck in "1 sector at a time" mode (slow) because all
> the workarounds for the rm9200 errata seem to interfere with the new
> less-buggy mci hardware.  I think I just need to write a new driver from
> scratch for the new hardware rev.  I've also got ehci working for it.

The G45 also has newer MCI control (with different DMA) than the old RM9200 or the SAM9260 boards.

> I did some pretty ugly stuff in the at91 directory to get it going.  I
> was just hacking to get it working, then I was going to work with Warner
> to clean up what I had done and get it committed, but both his and my
> lives got busy and nothing much has happened for 2 months now.  But it
> does sit here on my desk running just fine (and notably not ever
> crashing or anything).  Pretty much I've been using it when I need to
> see a freebsd 10 manpage, but not much else. :)

I've wanted to do more, and had planned on using my G45 for my sprinkler control panel (which would include LCD support), but $WORK has been kinda busy, and life has been over-full...

> I heard a rumor that the hardware guys at work are taking a look at
> using a G45 for an upcoming project.  If that happens, that'll ensure a
> better mci driver gets written.

Yea, if I don't beat you to it...

> If you need a patchset and are willing to deal with the ugly half-baked
> nature of what I've got, just let me know.

Has it changed?

Warner