SAM9G45 (was: sheevaplug boot from nandfs hangs)

Ian Lepore freebsd at damnhippie.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 16 01:04:37 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 01:08 +0100, Bernd Walter wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:18:57AM -0700, Ian Lepore wrote:
> > Wow, this is all very familiar.  I had this exact situation a couple
> > months ago as I was trying to get freebsd running on my pico-sam9g45
>
> You have a SAM9G45 running?

Yeah, this board:  http://www.mini-box.com/pico-SAM9G45-X

The mci driver is stuck in "1 sector at a time" mode (slow) because all
the workarounds for the rm9200 errata seem to interfere with the new
less-buggy mci hardware.  I think I just need to write a new driver from
scratch for the new hardware rev.  I've also got ehci working for it.

I did some pretty ugly stuff in the at91 directory to get it going.  I
was just hacking to get it working, then I was going to work with Warner
to clean up what I had done and get it committed, but both his and my
lives got busy and nothing much has happened for 2 months now.  But it
does sit here on my desk running just fine (and notably not ever
crashing or anything).  Pretty much I've been using it when I need to
see a freebsd 10 manpage, but not much else. :)

I heard a rumor that the hardware guys at work are taking a look at
using a G45 for an upcoming project.  If that happens, that'll ensure a
better mci driver gets written.

If you need a patchset and are willing to deal with the ugly half-baked
nature of what I've got, just let me know.

-- Ian