Building ARM ports (was Re: Globalscale Dreamplug and 8.3 RELEASE)

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Wed Aug 15 00:29:59 UTC 2012

On 08/02/12 16:47, Ian Lepore wrote:
> I haven't yet tried to build ports using stock freebsd.  At work we have
> an arcane and complex and fragile system for cross-building ports, which
> I only partially understand.

That's the entire problem with cross-building. Ports are very complex
systems and I think it's cleaner to just build them in an ARM emulator.
There are far too many dependencies to keep track of otherwise, at least
for me.

When I find time to struggle with QEMU again, I'll try to post a summary
here...presuming I can get this to work.
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Most anything that annoys you is a mirror.