Intel hardware bug

Andrew Duane aduane at juniper.net
Fri Jan 5 13:30:32 UTC 2018

I wouldn't think Javascript would have the accurate timing required to leverage this attack, but I don't really know enough about the language.

Regardless, is there someone within FreeBSD that is working on patches for this set of problems, at least for Intel? Linux already has at least some, and I believe NetBSD does too. Of course Windows has already pushed out a Windows10 fix, 7 and 8 are coming.

Andrew L. Duane - Principal Resident Engineer
AT&T Advanced Services Technical Lead
Juniper Quality Ambassador
m   +1 603.770.7088
o    +1 408.933.6944 (2-6944)