svn commit: r274739 - head/sys/mips/conf

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Nov 22 21:06:45 UTC 2014

Ian Lepore <ian at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> The arrogance in the way you talk down to me about my right and ability
> to decide these things is mind-boggling.  It's clear you're going to do
> whatever you want, so I guess I'll just shut up.

With all due respect, Ian, you've been very difficult to work with, not
least because any attempt to have an adult discussion with you on this
subject ends with you saying "you clearly don't want to listen so I'll
just go away".  It's simply not true, but repeat it often enough and it
will *become* true.

We now have automatic unblocking back (which is *precisely* what you
wanted), and I am willing to allow a tunable to turn it off, but I will
not allow disabling it by default, because I believe it is better than
the alternative in all but a minority of cases.  Considering that those
cases are usually very specialized embedded systems where the developers
either do not care about randomness at all or understand that it is an
important issue that they need to address, I think we are better off
focusing our efforts on issues such as clone divergence.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no