posix_fallocate(2)

mdf at FreeBSD.org mdf at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 19 17:08:28 UTC 2011

The syscall and default VOP are in CURRENT now.

I'm attaching the testcase I was using to make sure it was correct, so
that work doesn't need to be re-done if anyone wants to work on an
implementation of VOP_ALLOCATE for ufs or zfs.  I'd like to integrate
this into tools/test/posix_fallocate/ but honestly I'm not likely to
have the time soon.  I intend to try and take care of this at BSDCan
when my job responsibilities for the week are to hack on FreeBSD. :-)

FYI, the odd format to the code is mostly due to using a few #defines
to get this test code that was originally written for $WORK's hack of
libcheck to compile and run as a stand-alone.  For FreeBSD I've been
testing as:

cc -o falloc check_posix_fallocate.c -lsbuf
./falloc

At $WORK we have a test.mk make addendum, and a few variables set in a
make file, and the test is run as:

make check

Cheers,
matthew