FreeBSD Vim style(9) plugin (was Re: SMPTODO: remove timeout(9) from ffs_softdep.c)

Sean C. Farley scf at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 13 23:12:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:00:47AM -0500, Sean C. Farley wrote:
>> I asked my mentor to allow me to commit the file to
>> tools/tools/editing next to freebsd.el.  There the Emacs and Vim
>> scripts can battle it out for all eternity.  :)
>
> This is too valuable to not have ASAP.
> I've committed it as tools/tools/editing/freebsd.vim.  (case matches
> emacs .el)
>
> Let the embellishment of freebsd.vim begin!

Thank you for the commit.

Before I wrote it, I looked around for something similar assuming that
some other FreeBSD developers must be using Vim.  I assumed others have
written similar plugins, or their default was FreeBSD style(9).

>> I tweaked the file a bit by adding a few comments and a mapping to
>> <Leader>f for easy calling.  BTW, I am thinking about commenting out
>> the mapping before committing and letting people manually activate
>> it.  This is to avoid conflicts that may arise with existing mapping
>> in a person's environment.
>
> I don't see a need - no one should be blindly using dot files without
> reviewing them.

OK.  Just wondered.

Sean
--