Where do MSI quirks belong? [patch]

John Polstra jdp at polstra.com
Mon Dec 11 15:24:20 PST 2006

On 11-Dec-2006 John Baldwin wrote:
> Hmm.  I did blacklist stuff several weeks ago but haven't had time to
> test it or post it yet. :(

Oops. :-}

> I do think I like your approach a bit better though.  What I had so
> far is here:
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/msi_blacklist.patch
>
> I'm not sure if it's worth blacklisting MSI separate from MSI-X as that
> only makes a difference at the device level (chipsets just get a single
> memory write per interrupt either way, they can't tell MSI from MSI-X).

Since the MSI support is really your turf, I'll happily defer to
you on it.  If you decide my patch should go in, I could add the
additional blacklisted bridges from your patch, add the tunable
to ignore the blacklist, and eliminate the distinction between
blacklisting MSI and MSI-X.  Let me know whether I should go ahead
and commit that.

John