apache 2.2 ports

Mark Felder feld at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 8 13:48:38 UTC 2014

September 6 2014 10:24 AM, "Adam Weinberger" <adamw at adamw.org> wrote:
> apache team -
>
> So it seems that setting USE_APACHE=22 doesn’t actually depend on apache-2.2. This means that every
> USE_APACHE=22 port is broken, and as of right now won’t have any 10.1 packages.
>
> I’m happy to go through and add "DEFAULT_VERSIONS= APACHE=22” to this ports, but I wanted to check
> with you guys first. Is that the right way to fix it? Is there something else that can be done to
> make USE_APACHE=22 actually depend on apache-2.2?

FYI I had to solve this problem today with the following two make.conf options:

DEFAULT_VERSIONS= apache=2.2

(note it's 2.2, not 22 -- bsd.default-versions.mk shows a period should be used)

APACHE_PORT= www/apache22

Previously I only had the DEFAULT_VERSIONS entry and it worked fine. Suddenly I needed to add APACHE_PORT as well. This is with an up to date ports tree -- my packages build automatically every 8 hours.