apache 2.2 ports

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Sun Sep 7 15:46:58 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-07 17:18, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> On 7 Sep, 2014, at 11:14, olli hauer <ohauer at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> That patch works perfectly for me. USE_APACHE=22, 22+, and 24 all do the right thing now.
>>>
>>> However, it doesn’t check against bad values. USE_APACHE=42 just drops the apache dependency altogether... most other USE_* systems put out an error in that situation.
>>>
>>> # Adam
>>

>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> are you sure about bad values?
>>
>> Tested only with simple ports
>>
>> $ cd www/mod_log_sql2
>> $ sed -i.bak 's/22/42/' Makefile
>> $ make
>> ===>  mod_log_sql-1.101_6 : Error from bsd.apache.mk. Illegal use of USE_APACHE ( 42+ ).
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> $ cd www/blogsum
>> $ sed -i.bak 's/22/32/' Makefile
>> $ make
>> ===>  blogsum-1.1_2 is marked as broken: : Error from bsd.apache.mk. apache24 is installed (or APACHE_PORT is defined) and port requires apache32 at least.
>> *** Error code 1
>>

>> I have to admit bsd.apache.mk is not optimal, needs a major rewrite and split into separate server / modules files.
>> For server bsd.apache.mk is OK but modules and other stuff should go into a Uses/apache.mk file.
>
> Haha actually I tested it with USE_APACHE=32... I had no idea that was a valid value.

No, no, 32 is no valid version and the build will should fail.

Qiuck PD test build console output.

[00:13:45] ====>> [01][00:00:00] Starting build of www/mod_log_sql2
[00:13:46] ====>> [01][00:00:01] Finished build of www/mod_log_sql2: Ignored: : Error from bsd.apache.mk. Illegal use of USE_APACHE ( 43+ )

I will commit the patch provided in my first reply with a notice in bsd.apache.mk

--
olli