apache24 broken after change from lua to lua51?

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 21 12:45:23 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 01:47:19PM +0200, Peter Olsson wrote:
> Thanks, this seems to work. At least the compilation of
> apache24 works now. But I can't install devel/luabind
> or net/luasocket, because they get different errors when
> I change them from USES=lua:51 to USES=lua:52.
> luabind gets a compile error, and luasocket seems to have
> a staging problem.
>
> So the patch I really need is to be able to keep using
> lua51 combined with apache24. I'm not sure if this is a
> question for lua or apache?
>
> (I'm including lx at FreeBSD.org in Cc, as maintainer of
> luasocket.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter Olsson

problem is luasocket is used by lot of thing that are for now only lua-5.1
compatible beside lua 5.1 not being supported for a while and the important one
is prosody, so I guess until prosody gets to lua 5.2 it has to stay lua 5.1 only
so mod_lua should use lua 5.1

That said I tried to cleanup a bit the lua situation but I guess I failed,
framework and installation a imho better but for end user it is still messy.
The bad thing is I'm alone on lua@ and I have no time for it, I'm planning to
kill the lua team which is not a real team anyway and leave lua to people
motivated with more time.

regards,
Bapt